Welcome to part two of the GreatDrams Christmas Gift Whisky Guide 2018. In part one I shared ten bottles of whisky I think would make fantastic Christmas gifts this year for all kinds of budget. This time I’m looking at whisky accessories; books, glassware, that sort of thing.
Here are the top five accessories for the whisky lover in your life I’m recommending in the GreatDrams Christmas Whisky Gift Guide 2018:
Each box of dram-based delight contains:
- Five 25ml drams of whisky averaging £50 RRP for 70cl, and up to £80 –
- The “Sixth Dram”: Our super-special 10ml taster dram at £125+ per 70cl –
- Full tasting note cards and a written tour of each flight –
- Monthly tweet tastings and exclusive subscriber offers –
In the calendar you will receive:
- 24 different, handmade 30ml wax-sealed drams
- Explore whiskies from across Japan
- From superb single grain to rare single malts
- Award-winning whiskies from famous distilleries
- Try some of the most coveted whiskies in the world
- RRP £194.95
Cost: Varies, options below:
Definitely my favourite festive gift of the season, this is not only fun, but incredibly well put together… Feels super-high quality and will give whisky lovers a fantastic experience, and may inspire a few career changes! The kit contains four single malt whiskies and one blended grain, each reflecting a different flavour characteristic. Whisky fans can combine floral, fruity, citrus, creamy and smoky notes using the expert tools in the kit, plus a bottle of Chivas 12, for inspiration.
The Blending Kit (available at The Whisky Exchange) contains:
x1 5cl Blended Grain Whisky (Floral)
x4 5cl Single Malt Whiskies (Fruity, Citrus, Creamy, Smoky)
x1 5cl Empty Bottle
x1 5cl Miniature Bottle of Chivas Regal 12
A bit out there, but why not have whisky in your Christmas crackers this year?! We certainly will be… and the ones I’m liking are these from the Lakes Distillery as they contain a 50ml miniature of The One blended whisky they’ve been bottling for a while now, which is pretty good stuff by the way. The nose is complex yet balanced with aromas of fresh fruits, treacle, light spice and gentle peat-smoke. Palate is rich and balanced with notes of honey-roasted nuts, spice, and hints of dried fruits and wood smoke.
So there you have it GreatDrammers, my top five whisky accessories recommendations for you this Christmas. What else would be in your Christmas Whisky Gift Guide?