It’s that time of year again when I start to panic, Greg’s birthday and Father’s Day all within the same week. You all know that Greg has probably tried most whiskies, so when it come to getting him a whisky gift I have to think pretty hard about it. So I’ve put together the GreatDrams Father’s Day gift guide so if you’re struggling you may be able to take some inspiration.
1. First up THE LOCKDOWN LOCK-IN DRAM BLENDED MALT SCOTCH WHISKY, well I couldn’t start with something we didn’t sell! This is a beautiful dram with a beautiful sentiment. We realised this to mark the time when we were all in lockdown. Many of us have been separated from our Father’s for the past year and here’s the opportunity to mark the reunion and celebrate getting another step back to normality.
Luscious notes of vanilla and honey is a smooth, easy-drinking blended malt whisky.
2. We ordered the Hawksmoor at Home steak box more than once over the past year and if your Dad a bit of a foodie then this is the perfect gift. Not only do you have restaurant quality prepared food delivered to your door but the cocktails. Wow. The Fuller-Fat Old Fashioned has to be ordered, again we might have reordered the cocktails just on their own a few times! Here’s how they describe it
Fuller-Fat Old FashionedWoodford Reserve Bourbon, Brown Butter, Bay LeafThis leisurely sipper requires a painstaking process of infusing butter into bourbon in a water bath. Now with the added luxury of beurre noisette and a hint of the cigar box courtesy of sandalwood and cedar oil.
3. Is your Dad’s whisky shelf already looking a bit full, how about a gin instead? The Lakes distillery has produced a classic English Gin, delightfully refreshing and is displayed in one of the most beautiful bottles, a really conversation starter. They focus on using a few, quality ingredients and draw water from the Lake District National Park.
Vibrant notes of juniper, cracked black pepper and orange peel.
4. Any whisky drinker knows how important it is to drink out of the right vessel. Well our friends over at Glencairn have launched their range of coloured Glencairns. Greg obviously favours the red one due to his lifelong love of Liverpool. They are also available in Blue, Green, Gold and Black, ideal if you wanted to host your one blind tastings at home – without anyone cheating to see the colour of the liquid.
5. And finally if your Dad takes his whisky seriously, very seriously then we have the perfect gift in the GreatDrams Whisky Subscription. Named “Best Whisky Subscription for Exclusive Bottles” by IndyBest from The Independent because you can literally not buy our releases anywhere. We won’t be releasing as individual bottles so the only way to get them is through the subscription. WE have tried to make this really accessible so have introduced our 25ml and 50ml sizes which are only £7 or £12 a month respectively.
As ever if you need more inspiration just get in touch and we’d be happy to help, from looking into buying your Dad a cask of whisky (how loved would he feel) or to arranging a private tasting for your family we would be happy to help.